Wednesday 4 April 2012

more about us

My family is my life. It's only fair that my second blog is about my family- apart from their importance to me, it will make it easier to understand some of my later posts.

Start with my husband. Next month, we celebrate 10 years since our first date. Back then, we were working together (technically, he was my boss!) and we were both in relationships with other people. We recognised that there was at attraction, but we didn't kiss/hold hands/anything until we both separated from our other partners.We got married in 2004 at the local registry office- a simple ceremony with only immediate family present.

My eldest daughter has just started high school. Since I separated from her father, we have spent probably about $30,000 in lawyers bills and legal fees, just so I can have my daughter living with me. We are now spending about $3000 per year in airfares so she can visit him. Not fun. (And, to be perfectly honest, having a 12 year old in the house isn't always fun either...)

Then there is the 5 year old daughter. At times, I seriously wonder if she has been sent to test me and try my patience. You hear about the kids who are into everything, who can't sit still, who don't listen- that is her.

And my 2 year old daughter. While I have been typing this, she has just done her first poo on the potty (sorry for the over share, but hey- it's a topic most parents talk about at some point).

Lucky last is the baby. She is now 11 weeks old and learning to respond to us. She loves smiling back at us, and is trying to laugh. She is such a happy baby! Yes, we have 4 girls. No, we weren't trying for a boy at the time. We actually weren't trying at all- our baby was conceived after the husband had a vasectomy. You hear about the failure rates but you always think it happens to other people. (And the bizarre luck stories we have had will be a post for another day. That one will make you laugh.)

So that is us. Apart from the fact that we are pretty boring, I have a sleeping baby on my lap and a tantrum throwing tired toddler in the lounge room. Time for sleep! (She says, optimistically....)

1 comment: